IT PreSales Consultant
[England] - Permanent
- The PSC will advocate our technical capabilities, value proposition, and the service benefits to our partners, prospects and internal sales force alike.
- The PSC will primarily participate in the sales process through prospect technical landscape and spend analysis, the generation of COGS estimates, and technical solution development while acting as the subject matter expert that addresses all technical concerns. This role will support both third party support and managed services sales pursuits.
- Minimum 5 years of Oracle Database, Weblogic and EBS architecture and administration experience.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years Oracle Database, Weblogic and EBS architecture and administration experience
- Proven experience with Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems
- Understanding of cyber security customer concerns and how the company addresses them
- Experience in a customer-facing, role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Excellent soft-skills (Communication, Coordination and Negotiation)
- Ability to listen and work with customers in order to fully understand the problem or gap facing them and make sure they adopt the best possible solution.
- Ability to be successful in a team environment.
- Job duties are varied and complex and requires independent judgment.
- Understand complex needs of the client and be able to present a solution based on expert understanding and experience.
- These positions can be difficult to deal with much of the time, but patience and success are critical.
- Many of these relationships start out as giving and receiving information, able to adequately explain our services, provide context for them given the description of the client issue.
- Be the SME in the room and assist sales personnel to sell our service offerings.
- Willing and able to travel up to 33%.
- Providing pre-sales technical support to the sales team and prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction, through on-line and in person engagement with prospective customers.
- Acting as a technical resource for sales and marketing.
- Contribute to the development then subsequent delivery of high-quality technical presentations and/or demonstrations.
- Be able to articulate technical approach to support, while developing actual examples of this support approach.
- Understand pricing model.
- Understand basic Oracle licensing principles and be able to articular them to prospects.
- Develop and run proof of concept engagements with prospects with assistance from the delivery organization.
- Excellent communication skills are required as many engagements are at C-Levels at the customers.
- Attend conferences, symposiums and exhibitions and speak with prospective customers.
- Assist sales with the creation of the scoping/solution sections of proposals, as well as RFP responses.