Backend Python Developer
[Cape Town] - Permanent
- Be responsible for the development, testing and deployment of various software products. All our products are built using microservices architecture design and run fully containerized in the cloud. (Code in Python (backend) and ReactJS (frontend).
- Be a technical and product focused backend engineer with specialization in Python.
- Have an understanding of networking principles, protocols and security.
- 3 years experience working with a Python stack in Linux or MacOS.
- A comprehensive understanding of PostgreSQL and Redis as well as experience with DevOps tools like Git, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Microservices paradigm and comfortable with gRPC.
- The client solutions are based on GCP and the incumbent should know what spinning up Kubernetes deployments and configuring load balancing entails.
- Deeply security conscious, and a solid understanding of network, Linux and web application security is critical to the ideal candidate successful career development.
- Self-starter with a keen eye for detail, work well under pressure, and can deliver superb engineering content to a diverse team of data scientists and engineers.
- Relevant formal qualification from a first-rate university, or equivalent knowledge.
- BSc Eng in a relevant field (Electrical Engineering
- Information Engineering/Systems
- Network engineering
- or similar).
- BSc Comp Sci with network or ops experience
- Work experience: We\'re not looking for a junior, so we\'re looking to understand your Worked in some production environment, driving the code sausage-machine.
- Had at least one time when everything has fallen apartand then fixed it.
- Have successfully dealt with that team member who\'s more passenger than pilot.
- Share thinking in situations where it is too easy to keep quiet.
- An understanding of cryptocurrency/blockchain technology as we integrate all our products with this technology.
- Please send your comprehensive resume, 2 recent payslips and supporting documentation.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- iSanqa offers a R2000-00 finder\'s fee for any candidates referred and successfully placed in a permanent role. A R1000-00 finder\'s fee for any candidates referred and successfully placed in a contract role with a duration of three months or more