[Cape Town] - Permanent
- Work in tandem with the engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Plan, design and develop cloud-based applications.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with the client security guidelines.
- Deploy and debug cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
- Build and design web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms throughout the client.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the clients excel.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Masters degree a plus.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.).
- 5-10 years experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- 5 years experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Please send your comprehensive resume, 2 recent payslips and supporting documentation.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- iSanqa offers a R2000-00 finder\'s fee for any candidates referred and successfully placed in a permanent role. A R1000-00 finder\'s fee for any candidates referred and successfully placed in a contract role with a duration of three months or more