Senior Java Developer / OpenShift Cloud Expert
[Menlyn/Midrand. DEADLINE: 27 February 2020] -
- +8 years
- IT degree or diploma
- South African
- In-house Logistics and Supply Chain
- Logistics services mainly run on the OpenShift Cloud Platform.
- Willing and able to travel 3 times a year for up to 2 weeks to Munich (Germany)
- Familiarity with Microservices Architectures, Cloud Architectures or Container Architectures e.g. Docker
- Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms preferably OpenShift or Kubernetes
- At least 8 years\' worth of experience using front-end and back- end technologies such
- HTML 5
- Maven or Jenkins
- Architecture and Interface Design.
- Data modeling and Database technologies (relational, document, graph, time series, geolocation).
- Implementation of Backend Services.
- Basic Knowledge of Restful Services, MQTT or Kafka.
- Proficiency in UI frameworks Angular or React (Version 6 or higher)
- Excellent communication skills and team oriented work behaviour in a distributed team
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. GitLab, Terraform, Ansible, Concourse, Jenkins )
- Fit for business purpose mind-set, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals
- Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit, Robot, Jest
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Java EE
- Contribute to refinement of user stories (the user stories at the beginning of a development sprint might not be finally specified)
- Clarify open points possibly making proposals and/or developing a prototype for further discussion.
- Development of backend and frontend user stories.
- Take part in regular Scrum meetings via Skype. Daily, Planning, Estimation, Refinement, Review, Retro
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members
- Support existing solutions, DevOps.