Snr Java Developer
- Minimum years of experience 8+ years
- Work experience/Degree/Diploma
- South African citizens only
- Sound knowledge in Java
- Familiarity with Microservices Architectures, Cloud Architectures or Container Architectures e.g. Docker
- Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms preferably OpenShift or Kubernetes
- At least 8 years\' worth of experience using front- end and back-end technologies such:
- HTML 5
- Maven or Jenkins
- Architecture and Interface Design.
- Data modeling and Database technologies (relational, document, graph, time series, geolocation).
- Implementation of Backend Services.
- Restful Services, MQTT or Kafka.
- Angular or React (Version 6 or higher)
- Excellent communication skills and team oriented work behaviour in a distributed team
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. GitLab, Terraform, Ansible, Concourse, Jenkins )
- Fit for business purpose mind-set, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals
- Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit, Robot, Jest
- Experience with Jira and Confluence Experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Java EE
- Senior JAVA Developer / OpenShift Cloud Expert to join our existing team of rock solid cloud specialists developing the next generation of software systems for logistics and production systems (In-house Logistics and Supply Chain).
- OpenShift Cloud Platform.
- Contribute to refinement of user stories (the user stories at the beginning of a development sprint might not be finally specified)
- Clarify open points possibly making proposals and/or developing a prototype for further discussion.
- Development of backend and frontend user stories.
- Take part in regular Scrum meetings via Skype. Daily, Planning, Estimation, Refinement, Review, Retro
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members
- Support existing solutions, DevOps
- Technical / Functional skills (e.g. SAP module, Java, Microsoft Azure etc.).